Sunday, May 29, 2011

Just Too Busy--Review

Although it was many years ago I remember meeting myself going and coming, taking kids to football and cheerleading practice, church, music lessons and trying to have dinner on the table before bedtime. I was an overwhelmed taxi driver, policeman, cook and mom. Today I see my kids doing the same with their kids. Joanne Kraft and her husband experienced burnout from this lifestyle and took their family on a radical sabbatical. Frankly, I'm glad they lived to tell about it, because it brings hope to families caught in the hurry-up schedule crunch. Maybe it's time for you to withdraw from a few things and strengthen your relationships with your spouse and kids. Because I recommend it so highly, I am drawing a name from people who leave comments on this blog and sending him/her a signed copy of Just Too Busy by Joanne Kraft. The drawing will be Friday, June 10, 2011. Good luck, my friends.

4 comments:

  1. Hallelujah! Someone has written what I believed for a long time. When asked what would I do over again with my children, the first answer is always -- stay home.

    As a homeschooling parent in the 80s, I felt pressure to show that my children were socialized just fine. So we took part in every activity in town and at church. None of which improved the social skills they learned at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love Joanne's humor and wisdom in family relationships. Good luck in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne is an amazing writer--I keep telling her that I'm her target audience and plan to follow in many of her footsteps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you that Joanne is amazing. She has a wonderful ministry to moms and you'll do well following in her footsteps.

    ReplyDelete